About the Service
The Housing First initiative uses the 7 principles of Housing First to provide a home and tailored wraparound support for individuals who have experienced cyclical homelessness due to multiple complex needs. Housing First is a needs led service and operates under the seven following principles:
- People have a right to a home
- Flexible support is provided for as long as it is needed
- Housing and support are separated
- Individuals have choice and control
- An active engagement approach is used
- The service is based on peoples strengths, goals and aspirations
- A harm reduction approach is used.
The service consists of five partnership organisations which are led by Aberdeen Cyrenians, and include Aberdeen Foyer, Turning Point Scotland, Aberdeen City Council and Aberdeenshire Council.
How we help
Housing First in Aberdeen & Aberdeenshire to provide independent homes with intensive personalised support for people who are homeless with multiple and complex needs. We work with Local Authorities, Registered Social Landlords and Private Landlords to source secure housing from which a stable platform can be established to address other complex needs. The staff team then continues to work with individuals for as long as the individual wants and/or needs support, using an individualised strength based approach.
How to access the service
Referrals can be made by anyone over the age of 16 through support agencies or by completing the referral form below.